• Seismic data.
• Drillholes with measured velocities and densities.
• Drillholes with lithology data.
• A 3D rock property volume available in SEGY and industry standard formats for integration in modelling workflows.
WE BRING EXPERT HUMANS
• Industry leading Quantatative Interpretation (QI) expertise.
• Co-located Geoscience and Data Science team.
• Experienced Minerals Exploration Geologists.
WITH EXPERT SYSTEMS
• Advanced Seismic Attribute Analysis.
• Statistical rock physics & stochastic modelling.
• Probabilistic lithology predictions.
WHAT IS ROCK-MOD
ROCK-MOD maps the distribution of rock types and rock properties in 3D beyond the limits of existing measurements by integrating 1D drill hole data with 3D seismic data using Quantitative Interpretation (QI) techniques. A seismic dataset samples the earth with more detail than any other geophysical dataset.
WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR EXPLORATION
Knowledge of the distribution of geological units is fundamental to the understanding of a mineral deposits. Some mineral deposits are emplaced within particular geological units (eg Sediment hosted copper deposits and magmatic nickel deposits).
Others are emplaced during structural deformation and may be precipitated out of hydrothermal fluids due to changes in chemistry or pressure due to rheological contrasts at lithological boundaries.
WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR GEOTECHNICAL
Understanding the distribution of different geological units allows the optimisation of the placement of underground and open pit mine development, blasting design and production forecasting.
How ROCK-MOD helps our clients.
Between, below & beyond
Mapping lithology beyond drilling.
We can’t predict your future
but we can help you see underground.